COFFEE, CHOCOLATE AND WRITING
Good Snow-packed January morning to you all!
I've been watching too many trucker videos on Youube lately. How do I know? Because my head is absolutely jam packed with memories of growing up and hearing how vital and precious these drivers are. Does anyone else recall hearing these rules of the road regarding truckers:
1) Give them the right of way 'cause you never know what they're seeing up the road (or hearing on their cb radio) that you can't because you're in a lower profile vehicle listening to your favorite song.
2) Don't hang them out to dry when they try to pass you. If you force them to break the sound barrier to get around you and they lose control because you pushed your pedal a little harder when you saw him/her coming, they could wreck and kill everyone around you, and your family will have those memories to share for the rest of your life.
3) Flash your headlights when their trailer is clear of your car by a car length. (If you're dealing with a pro, he/she will flash their trailer lights right back atcha to let you know they thank you.) Why? Because that's an awful lot of steel coming across the front half of your car if they misgauge the distance looking in their side-view mirrors.
4) Never ever cut off a semi truck on the road. Why, because your life will then depend on his/her ability to prevent you from becoming his/her new hood ornament.
5) Go out of your way to be kind and respectful to truck drivers. Why? Well, because there's a heck of a lot of them who are military veterans!
(My uncle also stressed the importance of having a cb radio in your vehicle if you're traveling, so a handheld cb radio was my first independent purchase at 18 years old - saved my life a few times on the highways. Thanks Uncle Charles!)
I have always dreamed of having my very own monkey, but that's just not a possibility right now so I've discovered an alternative monkey ownership opportunity on YouTube. If you need a break or simply adore monkeys as I do, check out Monkey Boo:
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Amy K. Jones
Specifically for ebook readers/writers/publishers, this blog is intended to provide accurate, helpful, FREE information about the best FREE programs available online.